Analysis of the OECD/NRC BWR turbine trip transient benchmark with the coupled thermal-hydraulics and neutronics code TRAC-M/PARCS
Cited 0 times inCited 2 times in
- Analysis of the OECD/NRC BWR turbine trip transient benchmark with the coupled thermal-hydraulics and neutronics code TRAC-M/PARCS
- Lee, Deokjung; Downar, TJ; Ulses, A; Akdeniz, B; Ivanov, KN
- Issue Date
- AMER NUCLEAR SOCIETY
- NUCLEAR SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING, v.148, no.2, pp.291 - 305
- An analysis of the Peach Bottom Unit 2 Turbine Trip 2 (TT2) experiment has been performed using the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission coupled thermal-hydraulics and neutronics code TRAC-M/ PARCS. The objective of the analysis was to assess the performance of TRAC-M/PARCS on a BWR transient with significance in two-phase flow and spatial variations of the neutron flux. TRAC-M/PARCS results are found to be in good agreement with measured plant data for both steady-state and transient phases of the benchmark. Additional analyses of four fictitious extreme scenarios are performed to provide a basis for code-to-code comparisons and comprehensive testing of the thermal-hydraulics/ neutronics coupling. The obtained results of sensitivity studies on the effect of direct moderator heating on transient simulation indicate the importance of this modeling aspect.
- Appears in Collections:
- NUE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.