Electronic structure and magnetism in transition metals doped 8-hydroxy-ouinoline aluminum
Cited 13 times inCited 0 times in
- Electronic structure and magnetism in transition metals doped 8-hydroxy-ouinoline aluminum
- Baik, Jeong Min; Shon, Yoon; Lee, Seung Joo; Jeong, Yoon Hee; Kang, Tae Won; Lee, Jong-Lam
- CIRCULAR-DICHROISM; MAGNETORESISTANCE
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN CHEMICAL SOCIETY, v.130, no.41, pp.13522 - +
- We report the room-temperature ferromagnetism in transition metals (Co, Ni)-doped 8-hydroxy-quinoline aluminum (Alq3) by thermal coevaporation of high purity metal and Alq3powders. For 5% Co-doped Alq3, a maximum magnetization of ∼0.33 μB/Co at 10 K was obtained and ferromagnetic behavior was observed up to 300 K. The Co atoms interact chemically with O atoms and provide electrons to Alq3, forming new states acting as electron trap sites. From this, it is suggested that ferromagnetism may be associated with the strong chemical interaction of Co atoms and Alq3 molecules.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.