Evidence of mn occupation of Ga site in ferromagnetic (Ga, Mn)N semiconductor observed by EXAFS
Cited 2 times inCited 3 times in
- Evidence of mn occupation of Ga site in ferromagnetic (Ga, Mn)N semiconductor observed by EXAFS
- Baik, Jeong Min; Kim, SU; Koo, YM; Kang, TW; Lee, JL
- MOLECULAR-BEAM EPITAXY; MAGNETIC-PROPERTIES; ROOM-TEMPERATURE; (GA,MN)N; FILMS; GAMNN
- Issue Date
- ELECTROCHEMICAL SOC INC
- ELECTROCHEMICAL AND SOLID STATE LETTERS, v.7, no.12, pp.G313 - G315
- The local structure of Mn impurities in a ferromagnetic (Ga, Mn)N semiconductor was investigated using extended X-ray absorption fine structure (EXAFS). The ferromagnetic signal increased and maintained up to room temperature as N ions were implanted into Mn-implanted GaN. The X-ray results showed that Mn ions occupied Ga sites to form (Ga, Mn) N semiconductor. The Mn concentration occupying Ga sites increased from 2.5 to 3.8% and the formation of Mn-N compounds such as Mn6N2.58 and Mn3N2 was prohibited by implanting N atoms. As a result, the N-vacancies reduced and net hole concentration increased, resulting in the enhancement of ferromagnetic property.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.