Transition-pathway models of atomic diffusion on fcc metal surfaces. II. Stepped surfaces
Cited 22 times inCited 19 times in
- Transition-pathway models of atomic diffusion on fcc metal surfaces. II. Stepped surfaces
- Kim, Sung Youb; Lee, In-Ho; Jun, Sukky
- FLOW GROWTH; WAVELENGTH SELECTION; MASS-TRANSPORT; INSTABILITY; DYNAMICS; EDGE; AG
- Issue Date
- AMER PHYSICAL SOC
- PHYSICAL REVIEW B, v.76, no.24, pp.245408 -
- Action-derived molecular dynamics was demonstrated in the companion paper (Paper I) to be effective for the analysis of atomic surface diffusion. The method is here applied to the search of minimum-energy paths and the calculation of activation energy barriers in more complex single-adatom diffusion processes on fcc metal surfaces containing steps. Diverse diffusion routes are investigated along and across one- or two-layer steps on different surface orientations. Fundamental diffusion mechanisms near the step corners are also studied. Results are analyzed in relation to the island growth mechanism, which is of importance to surface nanoengineering.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- MEN_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.