Transition-pathway models of atomic diffusion on fcc metal surfaces. I. Flat surfaces
Cited 23 times inCited 0 times in
- Transition-pathway models of atomic diffusion on fcc metal surfaces. I. Flat surfaces
- Kim, Sung Youb; Lee, In-Ho; Jun, Sukky
- Issue Date
- AMER PHYSICAL SOC
- PHYSICAL REVIEW B, v.76, no.24, pp.245407
- Numerical calculation of minimum-energy paths and activation energy barriers for various atomic diffusion processes on fcc metal surfaces are presented. The computational method employed is the action-derived molecular dynamics that searches the approximate Newtonian trajectory on potential-energy surfaces. The minimization of a modified action, which facilitates the conservation of total energy and the control of kinetic energy, enables us to find efficiently the minimum-energy paths of complex microscopic processes. Diverse diffusion mechanisms on flat fcc substrates are investigated in this first part of the series. More complicated systems including surface steps are simulated in paper II.
- Appears in Collections:
- MEN_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.