Effect of leaning angle of gecko-inspired slanted polymer nanohairs on dry adhesion
Cited 21 times inCited 17 times in
- Effect of leaning angle of gecko-inspired slanted polymer nanohairs on dry adhesion
- Jeong, Hoon Eui; Lee, Jin-Kwan; Kwak, Moon Kyu; Moon, Sang Heup; Suh, Kahp Yang
- Adhesion hysteresis; Adhesion properties; Contact areas; Dry adhesion; Hard material; Leaning angles; Polyurethane acrylates; Structural stiffness; Ultra-violet
- Issue Date
- AMER INST PHYSICS
- APPLIED PHYSICS LETTERS, v.96, no.4, pp.043704 -
- We present analysis of adhesion properties of angled polymer nanohairs with a wide range of leaning angles from 0° to 45° and ultraviolet (UV)-curable polyurethane acrylate (PUA) materials of two different elastic moduli (19.8 and 320 MPa). It is demonstrated that shear adhesion and adhesion hysteresis can be greatly enhanced by increasing the leaning angle of nanohairs both for soft and hard materials due to increased contact area and reduced structural stiffness.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- MEN_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.