Characteristic boundary conditions for direct simulations of turbulent counterflow flames
Cited 58 times inCited 64 times in
- Characteristic boundary conditions for direct simulations of turbulent counterflow flames
- Yoo, Chun Sang; Wang, Y; Trouve, A; Im, HG
- Issue Date
- TAYLOR & FRANCIS LTD
- COMBUSTION THEORY AND MODELLING, v.9, no.4, pp.617 - 646
- Improved Navier-Stokes characteristic boundary conditions (NSCBC) are formulated for the direct numerical simulations (DNS) of laminar and turbulent counterflow flame configurations with a compressible flow formulation. The new boundary scheme properly accounts for multi-dimensional flow effects and provides nonreflecting inflow and outflow conditions that maintain the mean imposed velocity and pressure, while substantially eliminating spurious acoustic wave reflections. Applications to various counterflow configurations demonstrate that the proposed boundary conditions yield accurate and robust solutions over a wide range of flow and scalar variables, allowing high fidelity in detailed numerical studies of turbulent counterflow flames.
- Appears in Collections:
- MEN_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.