Visualization of the subcooled flow boiling of R-134a in a vertical rectangular channel with an electrically heated wall
Cited 17 times inCited 18 times in
- Visualization of the subcooled flow boiling of R-134a in a vertical rectangular channel with an electrically heated wall
- Bang, In Cheol; Chang, SH; Baek, WP
- Bubble coalescence; CHF; Near-wall region; R-134a; Visualization
- Issue Date
- PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF HEAT AND MASS TRANSFER, v.47, no.19-20, pp.4349 - 4363
- A digital photographic study of subcooled flow boiling with R-134a was performed in a vertical rectangular channel heated from one side to observe near-wall structures. Primary attention was given to bubble formation and bubble coalescence in the bubble layer. The visualization made possible a detailed observation of the characteristic near-wall region, consisting of vapor remnants, an interleaved liquid layer, and coalesced adjacent bubbles. In particular, the visualization provided clearer insights about bubble coalescence behaviors during flow nucleate boiling. In addition, it is shown that the near-wall bubble layer of nucleate boiling beneath vapor clots is extinguished and, afterwards, the heated surface is locally covered by large vapor films, at CHF.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- MEN_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.