Failure analysis of rapid prototyped tooling in sheet metal forming - Cylindrical cup drawing
Cited 2 times inCited 2 times in
- Failure analysis of rapid prototyped tooling in sheet metal forming - Cylindrical cup drawing
- Park, Young-Bin; Colton, JS
- WEAR; DIES
- Issue Date
- ASME-AMER SOC MECHANICAL ENG
- JOURNAL OF MANUFACTURING SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING-TRANSACTIONS OF THE ASME, v.127, no.1, pp.126 - 137
- This paper presents a failure analysis of cylindrical cup drawing dies machined from a polymer composite rapid tooling material. Cup drawing is a complicated process, involving both bending and stretching. In this study, possible die failure modes are identified experimentally. Finite element analyses (FEA) are performed to obtain the stress-strain responses, which are used to determine the dominant failure mode. As cup drawing involves interactions among process parameters, the statistical design of experiments is employed to perform a parametric study. The resulting die failure mode estimation method is verified through experiments.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- MEN_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.