Boiling heat transfer performance and phenomena of Al2O3-water nano-fluids from a plain surface in a pool
Cited 297 times inCited 337 times in
- Boiling heat transfer performance and phenomena of Al2O3-water nano-fluids from a plain surface in a pool
- Bang, In Cheol; Chang, SH
- Issue Date
- PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF HEAT AND MASS TRANSFER, v.48, no.12, pp.2407 - 2419
- Boiling heat transfer characteristics of nano-fluids with nano-particles suspended in water are studied using different volume concentrations of alumina nano-particles. Pool boiling heat transfer coefficients and phenomena of nano-fluids are compared with those of pure water, which are acquired on a smooth horizontal flat surface (roughness of a few tens nano-meters). The experimental results show that these nano-fluids have poor heat transfer performance compared to pure water in natural convection and nucleate boiling. On the other hand, CHF has been enhanced in not only horizontal but also vertical pool boiling. This is related to a change of surface characteristics by the deposition of nano-particles. In addition, comparisons between the heat transfer data and the Rhosenow correlation show that the correlation can potentially predict the performance with an appropriate modified liquid-surface combination factor and changed physical properties of the base liquid.
- Appears in Collections:
- NUE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.