Visualization of a principle mechanism of critical heat flux in pool boiling
Cited 12 times inCited 13 times in
- Visualization of a principle mechanism of critical heat flux in pool boiling
- Bang, In Cheol; Chang, SH; Baek, WP
- Issue Date
- PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF HEAT AND MASS TRANSFER, v.48, no.25-26, pp.5371 - 5385
- A new experimental work was made to discover a principle mechanism of the burnout in pool boiling. Here, we directly observed a liquid layer structure under a massive vapor clot and the liquid layer-related burnout phenomenon. Based on the present observations, we have made a visual model for the formation and dryout of a liquid film under its vapor environment. At the formation process, liquid is trapped in interleaved space between growing bubbles and surface and the liquid trapping continues between coalesced bubbles and surface. In the dryout process, we especially observed vapor "holes" made by spontaneous breakup of discrete nucleating bubbles inside a vapor clot. The burnout can be triggered by the evaporation of the liquid film region expanded from rims of the holes.
- Appears in Collections:
- NUE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.