Modeling of serrated chip formation in high speed orthogonal machining
Cited 1 times inCited 4 times in
- Modeling of serrated chip formation in high speed orthogonal machining
- Park, Hyung Wook; Rhim, Sung-Han; Oh, Soo-Ik
- Issue Date
- WORLD SCIENTIFIC PUBL CO PTE LTD
- INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF MODERN PHYSICS B, v.22, no.9-11, pp.1666 - 1671
- Modeling of serrated chip formation is important to provide guidance for further development of this process and predict the quality of machined parts. The simulation of serrated chip formation is hard to achieve due to the lack of a proper material model which represents real phenomenon within a narrow adiabatic shear band. In the present study, a material constitutive law containing strain hardening and thermal softening was proposed to predict adiabatic shear localization within serrated chips. The outcomes of FEM simulation show the capability to predict serrated chip formation. The effective strain distributions and the forces are computed within this study.
- Appears in Collections:
- MEN_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.