Mechanical and electrical properties of polycarbonate nanotube buckypaper composite sheets
Cited 29 times inCited 44 times in
- Mechanical and electrical properties of polycarbonate nanotube buckypaper composite sheets
- Pham, Giang T.; Park, Young-Bin; Wang, Shiren; Liang, Zhiyong; Wang, Ben; Zhang, Chuck; Funchess, Percy; Kramer, Leslie
- WALL CARBON NANOTUBES; FIBERS; FILMS; ORIENTATION; RIBBONS; LOAD
- Issue Date
- IOP PUBLISHING LTD
- NANOTECHNOLOGY, v.19, no.32, pp.1 - 7
- The thermogravimetric, mechanical, and electrical properties of composite sheets produced by infiltrating single-wall carbon nanotube films (also known as 'buckypapers') with polycarbonate solution were characterized. The composite sheets showed improved stiffness and toughness, while the electrical conductivity decreased, as compared to a neat buckypaper. In addition, polycarbonate/buckypaper composite sheets showed higher resistance to handling and processing damages. Experimental results suggest the viability of the infiltration process as a means to toughen buckypapers and to fabricate polymer/carbon nanotube composites having high nanotube concentration and controlled nanotube structure.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- MEN_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.