Impedance Spectroscopy of (Bi1/2Na1/2)TiO3-BaTiO3 Ceramics Modified with ( K0.5Na0.5)NbO3
Cited 5 times inCited 0 times in
- Impedance Spectroscopy of (Bi1/2Na1/2)TiO3-BaTiO3 Ceramics Modified with ( K0.5Na0.5)NbO3
- Zang, Jiadong; Li, Ming; Sinclair, Derek C.; Jo, Wook; Roedel, Juergen
- FREE PIEZOELECTRIC CERAMICS; LEAD-FREE PIEZOCERAMICS; RELAXOR FERROELECTRICS; MODULUS SPECTROSCOPY; SYSTEM; PERSPECTIVE
- Issue Date
- JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN CERAMIC SOCIETY, v.97, no.5, pp.1523 - 1529
- The electrical and dielectric properties of (1-x)(0.94Bi(1/2)Na(1/2)TiO(3)-0.06BaTiO(3))-x(K0.5Na0.5NbO3) with x=0, 0.03, 0.09, 0.18 have been investigated by impedance spectroscopy over a wide temperature range. The dc conductivity of the ceramics follows the Arrhenius law with an activation energy ranging from similar to 1.20 to 1.50eV. Measurements under different atmospheres show the materials exhibit n-type semiconducting behavior at elevated temperatures. The presence of a highly polarizable phase for all compositions is revealed by electric modulus (M) spectra. The Burns temperature decreases with increasing KNN content. The change in temperature-dependent permittivity with composition is explained by the difference in thermal evolution of polar nanoregions induced by the addition of KNN.
- Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.