When Brownian diffusion is not Gaussian
Cited 44 times inCited 29 times in
- When Brownian diffusion is not Gaussian
- Wang, Bo; Kuo, James; Bae, Sung Chul; Granick, Steve
- Issue Date
- NATURE PUBLISHING GROUP
- NATURE MATERIALS, v.11, no.6, pp.481 - 485
- It is commonly presumed that the random displacements that particles undergo as a result of the thermal jiggling of the environment follow a normal, or Gaussian, distribution. Here we reason, and support with experimental examples, that non-Gaussian diffusion in soft materials is more prevalent than expected.
- Appears in Collections:
- PHY_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.