Janus and Multiblock Colloidal Particles
Cited 38 times inCited 33 times in
- Janus and Multiblock Colloidal Particles
- Chen, Qian; Yan, Jing; Zhang, Jie; Bae, Sung Chul; Granick, Steve
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- LANGMUIR, v.28, no.38, pp.13555 - 13561
- We review recent developments in the synthesis and self-assembly of Janus and multiblock colloidal particles, highlighting new opportunities for colloid science and technology that are enabled by encoding orientational order between particles as they self-assemble. Emphasizing the concepts of molecular colloids and colloid valence unique to such colloids, we describe their rational self-assembly into colloidal clusters, taking monodisperse tetrahedra as an example. We also introduce a simple method to lock clusters into permanent shapes. Extending this to 2D lattices, we also review recent progress in assembling new open colloidal networks including the kagome lattice. In each application, areas of opportunity are emphasized.
- Appears in Collections:
- CHM_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.