Effect of poling temperature on piezoelectricity of CaZrO3-modified (K, Na)NbO3-based lead-free ceramics
Cited 1 times inCited 0 times in
- Effect of poling temperature on piezoelectricity of CaZrO3-modified (K, Na)NbO3-based lead-free ceramics
- Yao, Fang-Zhou; Wang, Ke; Jo, Wook; Lee, Jae-Shin; Li, Jing-Feng
- Issue Date
- AMER INST PHYSICS
- JOURNAL OF APPLIED PHYSICS, v.116, no.11, pp.114102
- Electrical poling is indispensable for endowing isotropic ferroelectric polycrystals with a net macroscopic polarization and hence piezoelectricity. However, little attention has been paid to the optimization of poling conditions in (K, Na)NbO3-based ceramics with a polymorphic phase transition. This study investigated the electrical properties of CaZrO3-modified (K, Na, Li)(Nb, Ta)O3lead-free piezoceramics as a function of the poling temperature. Peak piezoelectric coefficient d33of 352 ± 7 pC/N and planar electromechanical coupling factor kpof 0.47 were obtained at the optimized poling temperature of 120°C, which crosses the polymorphic phase transition regime. In-depth analysis of the asymmetric polarization hysteresis loops and bipolar strain curves uncovered striking analogy between electrical poling and unipolar cycling in the current system, which is attributed to a competition between domain reorientation and space charge accumulation.
- Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.