Electron momentum distribution in multiply-ionized atoms as a function of atomic number and degree of ionization
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Electron momentum distribution in multiply-ionized atoms as a function of atomic number and degree of ionization
- Park, Hyesung; Karim, KR
- ISOELECTRONIC SEQUENCE; AUGER TRANSITIONS; COMPTON PROFILES; NEON ATOMS; X-RAY; IONS; COLLISIONS; ARGON; HE
- Issue Date
- ROYAL SWEDISH ACAD SCIENCES
- PHYSICA SCRIPTA, v.73, no.1, pp.30 - 39
- We present momentum-space properties of multiply ionized atoms as a function of atomic number Z and the degree of ionization of the atom. In particular, we have calculated the Compton profiles of all possible electronic configurations of He, Li, Be, B and N atoms as they are progressively ionized with the outer-shell electrons being stripped off. The values of the Compton profiles presented here can be used to deduce doubly differential cross-sections of variously ionized atoms colliding with other atoms and ions. The single-electron radial wavefunctions were obtained from the Hartree-Fock atomic model. Compton profiles of neutral atoms, available in the literature, are in excellent agreement with the present calculation.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.