A comparison of simple rheological models and simulation data of n-hexadecane under shear and elongational flows
Cited 16 times inCited 15 times in
- A comparison of simple rheological models and simulation data of n-hexadecane under shear and elongational flows
- Baig, Chunggi; Jiang, B.; Edwards, B. J.; Keffer, D. J.; Cochran, H. D.
- Elongational flows; n-hexadecane; Rheological models
- Issue Date
- JOURNAL RHEOLOGY AMER INST PHYSICS
- JOURNAL OF RHEOLOGY, v.50, no.5, pp.625 - 640
- The microscopic origins of five rheological models are investigated by comparing their predictions for the conformation tensor and stress tensor with the same tensors obtained via nonequilibrium molecular dynamics simulations for n-hexadecane. Steady-state simulations were performed under both planar Couette and planar elongational flows, and the results of each are compared with rheological model predictions in the same flows, without any fitting parameters where possible. The use of the conformation tensor for comparisons between theory and experiment/simulation, rather than just the stress tensor, allows additional information to be obtained regarding the physical basis of each model examined herein. The character of the relationship between stress and conformation is examined using model predictions and simulation data.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.