A validation of the p-SLLOD equations of motion for homogeneous steady-state flows
Cited 13 times inCited 12 times in
- A validation of the p-SLLOD equations of motion for homogeneous steady-state flows
- Edwards, BJ; Baig, Chunggi; Keffer, DJ
- Issue Date
- AMER INST PHYSICS
- JOURNAL OF CHEMICAL PHYSICS, v.124, no.19, pp.194104
- A validation of the p -SLLOD equations of motion for nonequilibrium molecular dynamics simulation under homogeneous steady-state flow is presented. We demonstrate that these equations generate the correct center-of-mass trajectory of the system, are completely compatible with (and derivable from) Hamiltonian dynamics, satisfy an appropriate energy balance, and require no fictitious external force to generate the required homogeneous flow. It is also shown that no rigorous derivation of the SLLOD equations exists to date.
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.