Vapor-liquid phase coexistence curves for Morse fluids
Cited 24 times inCited 25 times in
- Vapor-liquid phase coexistence curves for Morse fluids
- Singh, Jayant K.; Adhikari, Jhumpa; Kwak, Sang Kyu
- Critical properties; Grand canonical transition matrix Monte Carlo method; Morse fluids; Vapor-liquid equilibrium
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE BV
- FLUID PHASE EQUILIBRIA, v.248, no.1, pp.1 - 6
- Phase coexistence of Morse fluids is predicted for parameters in the range describing the behavior of metals using the grand-canonical transition matrix Monte Carlo method. The critical properties of the vapor-liquid equilibrium curves for three fcc metals, Al, Cu, and Au, and two bcc alkali metals, Na and K, are estimated and the critical temperature values are found to be in good agreement with the experimental data for the fcc metals considered but overestimated for the bcc metals. For Na, it was found that the critical density and vapor pressure as a function of temperature (below the critical temperature) estimates to be approximately concurrent with experimental results.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.