Effect of a surface treatment for LiNi1/3Co1/3Mn1/3O2 cathode material in lithium secondary batteries
Cited 3 times inCited 4 times in
- Effect of a surface treatment for LiNi1/3Co1/3Mn1/3O2 cathode material in lithium secondary batteries
- Kim, Hyun-Soo; Kim, Ke-Tack; Kim, Youngsik; Martin, Steve W.
- Al 2O3 nano-particles; Cyclic life; Electrochemical property; Rate capability; LiNi1/3Co1/3Mn1/3O2; Sol-gel method
- Issue Date
- KOREAN INST METALS MATERIALS
- METALS AND MATERIALS INTERNATIONAL, v.14, no.1, pp.105 - 109
- LiNi1/3Co1/3Mn1/3O2 cathode material was surface-treated to improve its electrochemical performance. A1 2O3 nanoparticles were coated onto the surface of LiNi1/3Co1/3Mn1/3O2 powder using a sol-gel method. The as-prepared Al2O3 nano-particle was identified as the cubic structure of A12O3. XRD showed that the LiNi1/3Co1/3Mn1/3O2 structure was not affected by the A12O3 coating. With a coating of 3 wt.% A12O3 on LiNi1/3Co 1/3Mn1/3O2, the cyclic-life performance and rate capability were improved. However, heavier coatings (5 wt%) on LiNi 1/3Co1/3Mn1/3O2 resulted in a considerable decrease of the discharge capacity and rate capability. The thermal stability of LiNi1/3Co1/3Mn1/3O2 materials was greatly improved by the 3 wt.% Al2O3 coating.
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.