Access to M3+/M2+ Redox Couples in Layered LiMS2 Sulfides (M=Ti, V, Cr) as Anodes for Li-Ion Battery
Cited 12 times inCited 9 times in
- Access to M3+/M2+ Redox Couples in Layered LiMS2 Sulfides (M=Ti, V, Cr) as Anodes for Li-Ion Battery
- Kim, Youngsik; Park, Kyu-sung; Song, Sang-hoon; Han, Jiantao; Goodenough, John B.
- Carbonate electrolytes; Cr atoms; First discharge; Graphite anode; Li-ion batteries; Passivation layer; Redox couple; Reversible insertion
- Issue Date
- ELECTROCHEMICAL SOC INC
- JOURNAL OF THE ELECTROCHEMICAL SOCIETY, v.156, no.8, pp.A703 - A708
- The insertion of Li into layered LiMS2 (M=Ti, V, Cr) sulfides has been reinvestigated with ethylene-carbonate-based carbonate electrolytes. The Ti3+/ Ti2+and V3+/ V2+redox couples in a sulfide were found to give a reversible insertion reaction at about 0.5 and 1.0 V vs Li+ / Li0, respectively, while Cr atoms are displaced from LiCrS2 at 0.9 V vs Li+ / Li0. Comparison to a graphite anode indicates that a solid-electrolyte-interface (SEI) passivation layer is formed below 0.9 V during the first discharge of the LiTiS2 before reaching the Ti3+/ Ti2+redox couple, while an SEI layer was formed after reaching the V3+/ V2+redox couple at 1.0 V during the first discharge of the Li1+x VS2 electrode. The formation of a suitable SEI layer and therefore the reversibility and capacity of sulfide anodes are shown to depend on the composition of the electrolyte.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.