Thermoresponsive Chemical Connectors Based on Hybrid Nanowire Forests
Cited 11 times inCited 10 times in
- Thermoresponsive Chemical Connectors Based on Hybrid Nanowire Forests
- Ko, Hyunhyub; Zhang, Zhenxing; Chueh, Yu-Lun; Saiz, Eduardo; Javey, Ali
- Adhesion; Gels; Nanostructures; Nanowires; Noncovalent interactions
- Issue Date
- WILEY-V C H VERLAG GMBH
- ANGEWANDTE CHEMIE-INTERNATIONAL EDITION, v.49, no.3, pp.616 - 619
- (Figure Presented) Sticking around in the heat: Self-selective, programmable fasteners, based on hybrid core/multishell nanowire forests with an outer shell of poly(N-isopropylacrylamide) hydrogel, reversibly change their wet adhesion properties in response to a change in temperature. The shear adhesion strength of the nanowire fasteners can be modulated by a factor of 170 in under 5 min in response to a temperature change of 5°C.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.