Flowerlike Co3O4 microspheres loaded with copper nanoparticle as an efficient bifunctional catalyst for lithium-air batteries
Cited 27 times inCited 13 times in
- Flowerlike Co3O4 microspheres loaded with copper nanoparticle as an efficient bifunctional catalyst for lithium-air batteries
- Yang, Wei; Salim, Jason; Ma, Chao; Ma, Zhaohui; Sun, Chunwen; Li, Jianqi; Chen, Liquan; Kim, Youngsik
- Copper nanoparticles; Efficient bifunctional catalyst; Hybrid electrolyte; Lithium-air batteries; Porous Co3O4 microspheres
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE INC
- ELECTROCHEMISTRY COMMUNICATIONS, v.28, no., pp.13 - 16
- Porous flowerlike Co3O4 microspheres/Cu nanoparticles composite has been synthesized via a combined solvothermal method, subsequent thermal treatment and polyol process. Due to the 3D mesoporous structure, the resulting Co3O4 microspheres/Cu catalyst shows an efficient and stable bifunctional catalytic activity. The cobalt oxide-based catalysts show better performance during the discharging and charging processes at a current density of 0.05 mA cm- 2 compared with that of the Vulcan XC-72. The cell with this novel catalyst can be reversibly charged/discharged and has a good cycle performance. The preliminary results indicate that the Porous flowerlike Co3O4 microspheres/Cu nanoparticles composite is a promising material for a metal/air battery or a PEM fuel cell as an efficient and stable bifunctional catalyst.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.