Multilayer electrolyte cell: A new tool for identifying electrochemical performances of high voltage cathode materials
Cited 15 times inCited 7 times in
- Multilayer electrolyte cell: A new tool for identifying electrochemical performances of high voltage cathode materials
- MahootcheianAsl, Nina; Kim, Jung-Hyun; Pieczonka, Nicholas P. W.; Liu, Zhongyi; Kim, Youngsik
- Multilayer electrolyte High voltage cathodes LiNi0.5Mn 1.5O4 Mn dissolution Li-ion batteries
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE INC
- ELECTROCHEMISTRY COMMUNICATIONS, v.32, no., pp.1 - 4
- Multilayer electrolyte cell (MEC) was designed and developed as a new tool for investigating electrode/electrolyte interfacial reactions in a battery system. The MEC consists of two liquid electrolytes separated by a solid electrolyte which prevents electrolyte crossover while selectively transporting Li+ ions. The MEC successfully reproduced the performance of LiFePO4 comparable with that obtained from coin cells. In addition, the origin of capacity fading in LiNi0.5Mn1.5O 4full-cell (with graphite negative electrode) was studied using the MEC. The performance of LiNi0.5Mn1.5O4 MEC full-cell was superior to that of coin full-cell by eliminating the Mn dissolution problem on graphite negative electrode as evidenced by transmission electron microscopyanalysis. The MEC can be a strong tool for identifying the electrochemical performances of future high voltage positive electrode materials and their electrode/electrolyte interfacial reactions.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.