A new chemical route for the synthesis of beta '-LixV2O5 for use as a high performance cathode
Cited 4 times inCited 4 times in
- A new chemical route for the synthesis of beta '-LixV2O5 for use as a high performance cathode
- Asl, Nina Mahootcheian; Kim, Jung-Hyun; Lee, Wen Chao; Liu, Zhongyi; Lu, Peng; Kim, Youngsik
- β′-LixV2O5 phase; High capacity cathode; Li-ion battery; Vanadium oxides; Vanadium sulfides
- Issue Date
- PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- ELECTROCHIMICA ACTA, v.105, no., pp.403 - 411
- The high temperature vanadium pentoxide phase, β′-Li xV2O5, was synthesized via a new chemical synthesis involving the evolution of vanadium oxides from the 600 °C heat treatment of the pure LiVS2 in air. By employing this method of synthesis, well-crystallized, rod-shaped β′-LixV 2O5 particles 20-30 μm in length and 3-6 μm in width were obtained. Moreover, the surface of β′-LixV 2O5 particles was found to be coated by an amorphous vanadium oxysulfide film (∼20 nm in thickness). In contrast to a low temperature vanadium pentoxide phase (LixV2O5), the electrochemical intercalation of lithium into the β′-Li xV2O5 was fully reversible where 0.0 < x < 2.0, and it delivered a capacity of 310 mAh g-1 at a current rate of 0.07 C between 1.5 V and 4 V. Good capacity retention of more than 88% was also observed after 50 cycles even at a higher current rate of 2 C.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.