Evaluation of bridge-function diagrams via mayer-sampling Monte Carlo simulation
Cited 9 times inCited 8 times in
- Evaluation of bridge-function diagrams via mayer-sampling Monte Carlo simulation
- Kwak, Sang Kyu; Kofke, DA
- Bridge-function diagrams; Clusters; Hard-sphere system; Molecular simulation
- Issue Date
- AMER INST PHYSICS
- JOURNAL OF CHEMICAL PHYSICS, v.122, no.10, pp.1 - 7
- We report coefficients of the h-bond expansion of the bridge function of the hard-sphere system up to order rho(4) (where rho is the density in units of the hard-sphere diameter), which in the highest-order term includes 88 cluster diagrams with bonds representing the total correlation function h(r). Calculations are performed using the recently introduced Mayer-sampling method for evaluation of cluster integrals, and an iterative scheme is applied in which the h(r) used in the cluster integrals is determined by solution of the Ornstein-Zernike equation with a closure given by the calculated clusters. Calculations are performed for reduced densities from 0.1 to 0.9 in increments of 0.1. Comparison with molecular simulation data shows that the convergence is very slow for the density expansion of the bridge function calculated this way.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.