Propionate-regulated high-yield protein production in Escherichia coli
Cited 14 times inCited 15 times in
- Propionate-regulated high-yield protein production in Escherichia coli
- Lee, Sung Kuk; Keasling, J.D
- Expression system; prpBCDE promoter; prpR; Salmonella enterica; T7 promoter
- Issue Date
- BIOTECHNOLOGY AND BIOENGINEERING, v.93, no.5, pp.912 - 918
- A new expression system containing the Salmonella enterica prpBCDE promoter (PprpB) responsible for expression of the propionate catabolic genes (prp BCDE) and prpR encoding the positive regulator of this promoter has been developed and tested. The main features of the expression system compared to those based on the bacteriophage T7 promoter are low background expression and high induced expression in Escherichia coli strains BL21, BL21(DE3), MG1655, and W3110. In addition, propionate is an inexpensive, simple-to-use, nontoxic inducer that is attractive for large-scale protein production. Hence, this new system is highly complementary to the widely used T7 promoter-driven expression systems.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.