The elastic properties and plastic behavior of two-dimensional polymer structures fabricated by laser interference lithography
Cited 26 times inCited 23 times in
- The elastic properties and plastic behavior of two-dimensional polymer structures fabricated by laser interference lithography
- Choi, Taeyi; Jang, Ji-Hyun; Ullal, Chaitanya K.; LeMieux, Melburne C.; Tsukruk, Vladimir V.; Thomas, Edwin L.
- SCANNING PROBE MICROSCOPY; PHOTONIC CRYSTALS; HOLOGRAPHIC LITHOGRAPHY; MICROMECHANICAL PROPERTIES; VISIBLE SPECTRUM; FORCE MICROSCOPY; YOUNGS MODULUS; WAVE-GUIDE; COATINGS; PHOTORESIST
- Issue Date
- WILEY-V C H VERLAG GMBH
- ADVANCED FUNCTIONAL MATERIALS, v.16, no.10, pp.1324 - 1330
- The elastic and plastic properties within a two-dimensional polymer (SU8) structure with sixfold symmetry fabricated via interference lithography are presented. There is a nonuniform spatial distribution in the elastic modulus, with a higher elastic modulus obtained for nodes. (brightest regions in the laser interference pattern) and a lower elastic modulus for beams (darkest regions in the laser interference pattern) of the photopatterned films. We suggest that such a nonuniformity and unusual plastic behavior are related to the variable material properties "imprinted" by the interference pattern.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.