Ordered mesoporous carbons (OMC) as supports of electrocatalysts for direct methanol fuel cells (DMFC): Effect of carbon precursors of OMC on DMFC performances
Cited 120 times inCited 124 times in
- Ordered mesoporous carbons (OMC) as supports of electrocatalysts for direct methanol fuel cells (DMFC): Effect of carbon precursors of OMC on DMFC performances
- Joo, Sang Hoon; Pak, Chanho; You, Dae Jong; Lee, Seol-Ah; Lee, Hyung Ik; Kim, Ji Man; Chang, Hyuk; Seung, Doyoung
- Cathode catalyst; Direct methanol fuel cell; Ordered mesoporous carbon; Platinum; Sheet resistance
- Issue Date
- PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- ELECTROCHIMICA ACTA, v.52, no.4, pp.1618 - 1626
- This paper presents the effect of graphitic character of ordered mesoporous carbons (OMCs) on the performances of OMC supported catalysts for direct methanol fuel cells (DMFC). Two OMC samples with hexagonal mesostructure were prepared from phenanthrene and sucrose by nano-replication method using mesoporous silica as a template. Structural characterizations revealed that both OMCs exhibited large BET surface area and uniform mesopores, while the OMC synthesized from phenanthrene exhibited lower sheet resistance than the OMC derived from sucrose. The Pt nanoparticles were supported on both OMCs with very high dispersion, as the particle size was estimated under 3 nm despite high metal loading of 60 wt.%. In DMFC single cell test, the OMC supported Pt catalysts exhibited much higher performance than the commercial catalyst, which may be attributed to the high surface area and uniform mesopore networks of OMC. In particular, it was found that the performance of OMC supported catalysts can be significantly enhanced by lowering the resistance of OMC.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.