Morphology and hydrolysis of PCL/PLLA blends compatibilized with P(LLA-co-epsilon CL) or P(LLA-b-epsilon CL)
Cited 39 times inCited 40 times in
- Morphology and hydrolysis of PCL/PLLA blends compatibilized with P(LLA-co-epsilon CL) or P(LLA-b-epsilon CL)
- Choi, Nam-Soon; Kim, CH; Cho, KY; Park, JK
- Biodegradable; Blends; Compatibilization; Copolymerization; Morphology
- Issue Date
- JOURNAL OF APPLIED POLYMER SCIENCE, v.86, no.8, pp.1892 - 1898
- The effect of the compatibilizers, P(LLA-co-εCL) and P(LLA-b-εCL), on the morphology and hydrolysis of the blend of poly(ε-caprolactone) (PCL) and poly(L-lactide) (PLLA) was investigated. An addition of P(LLA-co-εCL) or P(LLA-b-εCL) into the blend could enhance the compatibility between the dispersed PCL domains and the PLLA matrix. The size of the PCL domains in the PLLA/ PCL (70/30) blend containing P(LLA-co-εCL) reduced more significantly with an increase in the content of the compatibilizer than that in the blend containing P(LLA-b-εCL). The molecular weight of the PLLA/PCL blend films compatibilized with P(LLA-co-εCL) or P(LLA-b-εCL) decreased during the hydrolysis and the decrease of the molecular weight of the blend films compatibilized with P(LLA-co-εCL) was much more significant than that of the blend films compatibilized with P(LLA-b-εCL).
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.