Characteristics of PVdF copolymer/Nafion blend membrane for direct methanol fuel cell (DMFC)
Cited 57 times inCited 65 times in
- Characteristics of PVdF copolymer/Nafion blend membrane for direct methanol fuel cell (DMFC)
- Cho, KY; Eom, JY; Jung, HY; Choi, Nam-Soon; Lee, YM; Park, JK; Choi, JH; Park, KW; Sung, YE
- DMFC; Equivalent weight of Nafion; Methanol permeability; PVdF copolymer; Solid polymer electrolytes
- Issue Date
- PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- ELECTROCHIMICA ACTA, v.50, no.2-3, pp.583 - 588
- For direct methanol fuel cell, blends of vinylidene fluoride- hexafluoropropylene copolymer (P(VdF-co-HFP)) and Nafion were prepared the different equivalent weight of Nafion. The investigations of the blend morphology were performed by means of permeability test, uptake measurement, differential-scanning calorimetry (DSC), and scanning electron microscopy. In the blend membranes, many pores were created as the content of Nafion in blend increased. Then, the methanol uptake was sharply increased. But the methanol permeability was not sharply increased because the methanol permeation through blend membranes is diffusion-controlled process. The methanol permeability of N10 (low equivalent weight) series was similar to that of N11 series (high equivalent weight). The proton conductivity of N10 series was around one and a half times higher than that of N11 series. The cell performance of the blend was much enhanced when the equivalent weight of Nafion was 1000.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.