New polymer electrolytes based on PVC/PMMA blend for plastic lithium-ion batteries
Cited 55 times inCited 53 times in
- New polymer electrolytes based on PVC/PMMA blend for plastic lithium-ion batteries
- Choi, Nam-Soon; Park, J.-K
- Blend; Plastic lithium-ion battery; Poly(methyl methacrylate); Poly(vinyl chloride); Polymer electrolyte
- Issue Date
- PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- ELECTROCHIMICA ACTA, v.46, no.10-11, pp.1453 - 1459
- The electrochemical properties of the polymer electrolytes based on poly(vinyl chloride)/poly(methyl methacrylate) blend with micro-pore structure have been investigated. The introduction of poly(methyl methacrylate) (PMMA) into the poly(vinyl chloride) (PVC) matrix enhanced compatibility between the polymer matrix and the liquid electrolyte (EC/DMC/LiClO4). The addition of silica into the polymer blend generated a micro-pore structure in the polymer matrix and increased the uptake amount of the liquid electrolyte. The ion conductivity of the polymer electrolyte was increased with the increase in the PMMA content in the blend and the room temperature ion conductivity of the polymer electrolyte based on PVC/PMMA (5.5, w/w) blend was 1.1 x 10(-3) S/cm. The charge-discharge behavior of the unit cell was also investigated.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.