Enhancement of heat and mass transfer in silica-expanded graphite composite blocks for adsorption heat pumps. Part II. Cooling system using the composite blocks
Cited 22 times inCited 21 times in
- Enhancement of heat and mass transfer in silica-expanded graphite composite blocks for adsorption heat pumps. Part II. Cooling system using the composite blocks
- Eun, TH; Song, Hyun-Kon; Han, JH; Lee, KH; Kim, JN
- refirgerating system; adsorption system; silica gel; graphite; adsorption; heat transfer; performance
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCI LTD
- INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF REFRIGERATION-REVUE INTERNATIONALE DU FROID, v.23, no.1, pp.74 - 81
- Cooling systems using graphite/silica-gel composite blocks were built and their performances were compared with that of the silica gel packed bed. Spatial and temporal profiles of temperature in the composite blocks were obtained in axial and radial directions. The amount of adsorption and specific cooling powers for each composite block were also measured. It was shown that the axial profile of temperature was affected mainly by mass transfer while the radial distribution of temperature was largely due to poor heat transfer. When compared with a pure silica gel packed bed, both heat transfer and mass transfer were enhanced by using the composite blocks. As a result, the good mass and heat transfer of the composite blocks led to enhancement of performances of the cooling systems.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.