Reduction of gallium vacancy concentration in gallium nitride grown with preheated ammonia
Cited 0 times inCited 2 times in
- Reduction of gallium vacancy concentration in gallium nitride grown with preheated ammonia
- Kwon, Soon-Yong; Kim, HJ; Kee, B; Na, H; Yoon, E
- Charge compensation; Epilayers grown; GaN epilayers; Pre-heater; Si-doping; Vacancy concentration; Yellow luminescence
- Issue Date
- Wiley-VCH Verlag
- Physica Status Solidi (C) Current Topics in Solid State Physics, v.0, no.1, pp.405 - 408
- The use of ammonia preheater reduces the Ga vacancy (VGa) concentration in GaN. The epilayers grown with or without preheated ammonia had little differences in structural properties from X-ray diffraction and transmission electron microscopy. It was found, however, that the GaN epilayers grown with unheated ammonia had more charge compensation centers. The intensities of yellow luminescence (YL) in GaN epilayers grown with preheated ammonia decreased with Si doping, whereas those grown with unheated ammonia increased with Si doping. It is suggested that the use of preheated ammonia reduced the VGa concentration in GaN without altering structural properties.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.