Characterization of a 4-miktoarm star copolymer of the (PS- b -PI) 3 PS type by temperature gradient interaction chromatography
Cited 22 times inCited 20 times in
- Characterization of a 4-miktoarm star copolymer of the (PS- b -PI) 3 PS type by temperature gradient interaction chromatography
- Cho, D; Park, Soojin; Chang, T; Avgeropoulos, A; Hadjichristidis, N
- 4-Miktoarm star copolymer; Multiple detection; Temperature gradient interaction chromatography
- Issue Date
- PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- EUROPEAN POLYMER JOURNAL, v.39, no.11, pp.2155 - 2160
- Temperature gradient interaction chromatography (TGIC) was applied for the separation of a complex miktoarm star copolymer which has one polystyrene (PS) arm and three polystyrene-b-polyisoprene (PS-b-PI) diblock copolymer arms. Such miktoarm star polymers are much more difficult to characterize than branched homopolymers since the byproduct, typically polymers with missing arm(s) or coupled products, have not only different molecular weights but also different compositions. TGIC was able to fully separate the byproducts, and the composition of the molecular species corresponding to the different separated elution peaks was determined by two methods, fractionation/NMR and multiple detection (UV and RI). A reasonable agreement between the results of the two methods was obtained. By using the composition found, the corresponding molecular weights were determined by multi-angle light scattering detection. Based on the composition and the molecular weight we were able to identify the structure of the different molecular species.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.