Novel electroluminescent polymers with fluoro groups in vinylene units
Cited 58 times inCited 57 times in
- Novel electroluminescent polymers with fluoro groups in vinylene units
- Jin, Y; Kim, J; Lee, S; Kim, Jin Young; Park, SH; Lee, K; Suh, H
- LIGHT-EMITTING-DIODES; CONJUGATED POLYMERS; LEDS; POLY(P-PHENYLENEVINYLENE); COPOLYMERS
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- MACROMOLECULES, v.37, no.18, pp.6711 - 6715
- New electroluminescent polymers with fluoro groups in vinylene units, poly(p-phenylenedifluorovinylene) (PPDFV) and poly(2-dimethyloctylsilyl-p-phenylenedifluorovinylene) (DMOS-PPDFV), have been synthesized by GILCH polymerization. These polymers have been used as the electroluminescent (EL) layers in double-layer light-emitting diodes (LEDs) (ITO/PEDOT/polymer/Al). PPDFV shows photoluminescence around lambda(max) = 580 nm (exciting wavelength, 410 nm) and yellow electroluminescence around lambda(max) = 565 nm. DMOS-PPDFV shows PL around lambda(max) = 495 nm and green EL around Am = 540 nm. The current-voltage-luminance (I-V-L) characteristics of the polymers show turn-on voltages of 3.0 V approximately. Two fluoro groups were introduced on every vinylene units of poly(p-phenylenevinylene) (PPV) and poly(2-dimethyloctylsilyl-1,4-phenylenevinylene) (DMOS-PPV) to give PPDFV and DMOS-PPDFV in an attempt to increase the electron affinity of the parent polymer. It was found that the efficiency of PLED of DMOS-PPDFV was about 7 times higher than that of DMOS-PPV.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.