Impedance studies of dense polycrystalline thin films of La 2NiO4+δ
Cited 11 times inCited 11 times in
- Impedance studies of dense polycrystalline thin films of La 2NiO4+δ
- Kim, Guntae; Wang, Shuangyan; Jacobson, Allan J.; Yuan, Zheng; Chen, Chonglin
- TRANSPORT-PROPERTIES; IONIC TRANSPORT; OXYGEN; KINETICS; CONDUCTIVITY; ELECTRODES; DIFFUSION; EXCHANGE; OXIDES; MASS
- Issue Date
- ROYAL SOC CHEMISTRY
- JOURNAL OF MATERIALS CHEMISTRY, v.17, no.13, pp.1316 - 1320
- The cathodic kinetics of 3000 A thick La2NiO 4+δ (LNO) films were studied using AC impedance spectroscopy at 400-620 °C and in 0.01-1.0 atm O2. The dense polycrystalline LNO films were deposited on both sides of yttrium stabilized zirconia (YSZ) (100) single crystal substrates by pulsed laser deposition (PLD). Three distinct features were observed in their AC impedance spectra. The high frequency (HF) feature is assigned to the oxygen ion conduction of the YSZ electrolyte, the medium frequency (MF) feature to the interfacial resistance between the film and the electrolyte, and the low frequency (LF) feature to the oxygen reduction reaction at the film surface. For the LNO film, we conclude that the electrode reaction is limited by the surface exchange reaction. The surface exchange coefficient, ki, is calculated from the LF resistance. The values of ki agree well with those obtained previously for a ceramic sample.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.