Fast size-exclusion chromatography at high temperature
Cited 13 times inCited 14 times in
- Fast size-exclusion chromatography at high temperature
- Park, Soojin; Cho, Heesook; Kim, Youngtak; Ahn, Sunyoung; Chang, Taihyun
- Fast analysis; High temperature; Size-exclusion chromatography
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE BV
- JOURNAL OF CHROMATOGRAPHY A, v.1157, no.1-2, pp.96 - 100
- We report on the size-exclusion chromatography (SEC) operated at high column temperature to reduce the analysis time. The column temperature was raised beyond the normal boiling point of the eluent and a sufficient column backpressure was applied to prevent the mobile phase from boiling by inserting a narrow bore tubing between the separation column and the detector. The narrow bore tubing also functions to cool the effluent down to the room temperature before it reaches the detector. Therefore, normal SEC detectors can be used without any modification. It was confirmed that the SEC analysis time could be shortened significantly by the high-temperature operation without serious deterioration in the resolution.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.