Lattice Boltzmann method for weakly ionized isothermal plasmas
Cited 8 times inCited 7 times in
- Lattice Boltzmann method for weakly ionized isothermal plasmas
- Huayu Li; Ki, Hyungson
- Issue Date
- American Physical Society
- PHYSICAL REVIEW E, v.76, no.6, pp.066707
- In this paper, a lattice Boltzmann method (LBM) for weakly ionized isothermal plasmas is presented by introducing a rescaling scheme for the Boltzmann transport equation. Without using this rescaling, we found that the nondimensional relaxation time used in the LBM is too large and the LBM does not produce physically realistic results. The developed model was applied to the electrostatic wave problem and the diffusion process of singly ionized helium plasmas with a 1-3% degree of ionization under an electric field. The obtained results agree well with theoretical values.
- Appears in Collections:
- MEN_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.