Bulk heterojunction materials composed of poly(2,5-bis(3-tetradecylthiophen-2-yl)thieno[3,2-b]thiophene): Ultrafast electron transfer and carrier recombination
Cited 32 times inCited 29 times in
- Bulk heterojunction materials composed of poly(2,5-bis(3-tetradecylthiophen-2-yl)thieno[3,2-b]thiophene): Ultrafast electron transfer and carrier recombination
- Hwang, In-Wook; Kim, Jin Young; Cho, Shinuk; Yuen, Jonathan; Coates, Nelson; Lee, Kwanghee; Heeney, Martin; McCulloch, Iain; Moses, Daniel; Heeger, A. J.
- Bulk heterojunction; Carrier recombination; Fullerene derivatives; Liquid-crystalline polymers; Time-resolved spectroscopic studies; Ultrafast electron transfer
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- JOURNAL OF PHYSICAL CHEMISTRY C, v.112, no.21, pp.7853 - 7857
- The results of time-resolved spectroscopic studies of the structurally ordered liquid-crystalline polymer, poly(2,5bis(3-tetradecylthiophen-2-yl)thieno[3,2-b]thiophene), PBTTT, and of composites of PBTTT with the soluble fullerene derivative, [6,6]-phenyl-C(61) butyric acid methyl ester, PCBM are reported. These ultrafast studies focus on the photogeneration of mobile carriers in PBTTT/PCBM composites following sub-picosecond electron transfer from PBTTT to PCBM. The recombination and loss of mobile carriers at early times (approximately 200 ps following photoexcitation) were measured with different ratios of the PBTTT and PCBM components (1: 1 and 1:3) by monitoring the time decay of the photoinduced absorption features associated with the charge-transferred state. The results are well-correlated with the solar-cell efficiency obtained using PBTTT/PCBM bulk heterojunction materials.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.