In situ DRIFTS-MS studies on the oxidation of adsorbed NH3 by NOx over a Cu-SSZ-13 zeolite
Cited 22 times inCited 15 times in
- In situ DRIFTS-MS studies on the oxidation of adsorbed NH3 by NOx over a Cu-SSZ-13 zeolite
- Zhu, Haiyang; Kwak, Jahun; Peden, Charles H. F.; Szanyi, Janos
- Cu-SSZ-13; In situ DRIFTS; NH3 SCR of NOx; Oxidant composition
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE BV
- CATALYSIS TODAY, v.205, no.30, pp.16 - 23
- DRIFT spectroscopy combined with mass spectrometry was used to investigate the oxidation of adsorbed ammonia by NO2, NO + O-2 and NO2 + O-2 on a copper ion exchanged SSZ-13 (Cu-SSZ-13) zeolite. Compared with both NO2 and NO, the adsorption of ammonia is much stronger on the Cu-SSZ-13 zeolite. Two adsorbed ammonia species were found over the Cu-SSZ-13 zeolite studied here, notably ammonia on Bronsted acid sites (proton) and ammonia on Lewis acid sites (copper ions). These adsorbed ammonia species present different activity profiles and selectivity to N-2 during NH3 oxidation. The results obtained suggest that ammonia adsorbed onto copper ions in Cu-SSZ-13 is more active at low temperatures than proton-adsorbed NH3, and give rise to a higher selectivity to N-2. The formation of N2O is associated primarily with the reaction of NOx with proton-adsorbed NH3 via the formation and subsequent thermal decomposition of NH4NO3. Published by Elsevier B.V.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.