Improvement of solar cell efficiency by applying Si3N4 nanopattern on glass substrate
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Improvement of solar cell efficiency by applying Si3N4 nanopattern on glass substrate
- Lee, Jeong Chul; Kim, Yang Doo; Shin, Ju-Hyeon; Oh, Kyeong Suk; Lee, Heon
- Amorphous silicon solar cell; Si3N4 nano-sized pattern; Light scattering effect; Planarization; Nanoimprint lithography
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE BV
- CURRENT APPLIED PHYSICS, v.14, no.9, pp.1240 - 1244
- A cylindrical Si3N4 nanopattern whose heights was 200 nm was fabricated on a glass substrate, and an aluminum-doped zinc oxide (AZO) layer was grown on the nanopatterned glass substrate. The nano-pattern was applied to an amorphous silicon solar cell in order to increase the light-scattering effect, thus enhancing the efficiency of the solar cell. The reflectance of the solar cell on the Si3N4 nanopattern decreased and its absorption increased. Compared to a flat substrate, the short-circuit current density (J(SC)) and conversion efficiency of a solar cell on the Si3N4 nanopatterned substrate were improved by 17.9% and 24.2%, respectively, as determined from solar simulator measurements.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.