Real-time remote monitoring: the DuraMote platform and experiments towards future, advanced, large-scale SCADA systems
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Real-time remote monitoring: the DuraMote platform and experiments towards future, advanced, large-scale SCADA systems
- Shinozuka, Masanobu; Papakonstantinou, Konstantinos G.; Torbol, Marco; Kim, Sehwan
- Issue Date
- TAYLOR & FRANCIS LTD
- STRUCTURE AND INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEERING, v.11, no.4, pp.588 - 603
- The economic and social prosperity of our society depends much on the proper functioning of structures and civil infrastructure systems. Structural health monitoring has been long recognised as a vital tool to preclude and/or mitigate degradation effects and failures of structural systems. Along this line, the DuraMote platform is presented in this paper (named after Durable and Mote) together with real-life applications, laboratory and field experiments, which promote the effort to expand the existing concept of structural monitoring into remote, real-time, continuous and permanent performance monitoring of spatially extended systems. Successful implementation of this technology can improve the resilience and sustainability of large-scale complex infrastructure systems and lead to future, advanced Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition methodology that could be routinely used in a variety of structures and networks.
- Appears in Collections:
- UEE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.