ISOLATION AND CHARACTERIZATION OF 3 SOYBEAN EXTENSIN CDNAS
Cited 15 times inCited 0 times in
- ISOLATION AND CHARACTERIZATION OF 3 SOYBEAN EXTENSIN CDNAS
- Hong, JC; Cheong, YH; Nagao, Ron T; Bahk, JD; Cho, Moo Je; Key, JL
- Issue Date
- AMER SOC PLANT BIOLOGISTS
- PLANT PHYSIOLOGY, v.104, no.2, pp.793 - 796
- We have characterized three different soybean (Glycine max) mRNAs that encode apoproteins of extensins, a family of cell wall hydroxyproline-rich glycoproteins (HRGPs). These transcripts encoded distinctive Tyr-rich proteins containing characteristic Ser-Pro4 sequences organized in higher-order repetitive units. The first transcript encoded an extensin SbHRGP-1 containing the 16-amino acid repeat Ser-Pro4-Ser-Pro-Ser-Pro4-Tyr-Val-Tyr-Lys, with Val occasionally replaced by Ile or Tyr. The second transcript encoded the SbHRGP-2 protein containing the 16-amino acid repeat Ser-Pro4-Ser-Pro-Ser-Pro4-Tyr-Tyr-Tyr-Lys/His. The third transcript encoded the SbHRGP-3 protein containing a variant of 9- or 10-amino acid canonical repeats: Ser-Pro4-Tyr-Lys-Tyr-Pro, Ser-Pro5-Tyr-Lys-Tyr-Pro, and Ser-Pro4-Val-Tyr-Lys-Tyr-Lys, respectively. The dramatic amino acid substitutions in the Tyr-rich blocks (Tyr-X-Tyr-Lys) among these HRGPs indicate that each SbHRGP may have a different function in cell wall architecture.
- Appears in Collections:
- BIO_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.