The role of research in MIS faculty performance evaluation: An exploratory study
Cited 2 times inCited 3 times in
- The role of research in MIS faculty performance evaluation: An exploratory study
- Im, Jin Hyouk; Hartman, S
- Exploratory studies; Objective measure; Research productivity
- Issue Date
- INT ASSOC COMPUTER INFO SYSTEM
- JOURNAL OF COMPUTER INFORMATION SYSTEMS, v.37, no.3, pp.37 - 40
- In this study, we report the results of a study of 227 AACSB schools to determine their approaches to evaluation of the research productivity of MIS faculty. We were particularly interested, in view of a number of recent challenges to our traditional view of research, in determining whether there is support for more objectively-based methods, such as targeted journal lists. Our results show little support for such measures, and suggest belief that systems based upon so-called objective measures can be administered fairly. Implications of these findings are discussed.
- Appears in Collections:
- SBA_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.