Expression of the Tobacco Mosaic Virus Movement Protein Alters Starch Accumulation in Nicotiana benthamiana
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Expression of the Tobacco Mosaic Virus Movement Protein Alters Starch Accumulation in Nicotiana benthamiana
- Jin, Zheng Lu; Hong, Joon Ki; Yun, Dae Jin; Lee, Sang Yeol; Choi, Young Ju; Bahk, Jeong Dong; Beachy, Roger N.; Cho, Moo Je; Lim, Chae Oh
- Issue Date
- SPRINGER HEIDELBERG
- JOURNAL OF PLANT BIOLOGY, v.45, no.2, pp.77 - 82
- Nicotiana benthamiana plants were transformed with the movement protein (MP) gene of tobacco mosaic virus (TMV), using Agrobacterium-mediated transformation. Plants regenerated from the transformed cells accumulated 30-kDa MP and complemented the activity of TMV MP when infected with chimeric TMVs containing defective MP. These transgenic plants displayed stunting, pale-green leaves, and starch accumulations, indicating that TMV MP altered the carbon partitioning for leaves involved in TMV cell-to-cell movement.
- Appears in Collections:
- BIO_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.