Mechanism and dynamics of azobenzene photoisomerization
Cited 136 times inCited 15 times in
- Mechanism and dynamics of azobenzene photoisomerization
- Schultz, Thomas; Quenneville, J; Levine, B; Toniolo, A; Martinez, TJ; Lochbrunner, S; Schmitt, M; Shaffer, JP; Zgierski, MZ; Stolow, A
- RESOLVED PHOTOELECTRON-SPECTROSCOPY; MOLECULAR-DYNAMICS; AB-INITIO; ABSORPTION-SPECTROSCOPY; IONIZATION CORRELATIONS; ELECTRONIC CONTINUA; TRANS-AZOBENZENE; PHOTOCHEMISTRY
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN CHEMICAL SOCIETY, v.125, no.27, pp.8098 - 8099
- The excited-state dynamics of trans-azobenzene were investigated by femtosecond time-resolved photoelectron spectroscopy and ab initio molecular dynamics. Two near-degenerate ππ* excited states, S2 and S3,4, were identified in a region hitherto associated with only one excited state. These results help to explain contradictory reports about the photoisomerization mechanism and the wavelength dependence of the quantum yield. A new model for the isomerization mechanism is proposed.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- SNS_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.