Dynamics of photoinduced processes in adenine and thymine base pairs
Cited 64 times inCited 68 times in
- Dynamics of photoinduced processes in adenine and thymine base pairs
- Samoylova, E.; Lippert, H.; Ullrich, S.; Hertel, I.V.; Radloff, W.; Schultz, Thomas
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN CHEMICAL SOCIETY, v.127, no.6, pp.1782 - 1786
- The excited-state dynamics of adenine and thymine dimers and the adenine-thymine base pair were investigated by femtosecond pump-probe ionization spectroscopy with excitation wavelengths of 250-272 nm. The base pairs showed a characteristic ultrafast decay of the initially excited ππ* state to an nπ* state (lifetime τππ• ≈ 100 fs) followed by a slower decay of the latter with τnπ* ≈ 0.9 ps for (adenine)2, τnπ* = 6-9 ps for (thymine)2, and τnπ* ≈ 2.4 ps for the adenine-thymine base pair. In the adenine dimer, a competing decay of the ππ* state via the πσ* state greatly suppressed the nπ* state signals. Similarities of the excited-state decay parameters in the isolated bases and the base pairs suggest an intramonomer relaxation mechanism in the base pairs.
- Appears in Collections:
- CHM_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.